Spirit of Youth is offering five grants of up to $4,500 to organizations in Anchorage to promote youth connection and engagement. Priority will be given to youth led initiatives within the 12-24 year old age range.
The Youth Connection and Engagement Grants are specifically intended to support youth led projects that meet the following goals:
- Mattering – Youth’s perception they are respected, trusted, supported, valued by others, and able to make a difference in their community.
- Connection and engagement – Community connection is correlated with decreases in youth risk behaviors that negatively impact learning and wellness.
- Youth/adult connection – Youth–adult connectedness is foundational for adolescent health and wellbeing and an active ingredient of effective interventions serving vulnerable youth.
- Promote respect and inclusion.
- Promote the use of the Careline (More info about Careline at http://carelinealaska.com).