40 hrs M-F. Flexible Schedule
Compensation: $46k-$51k D.O.E.
Address: 203 W 15th Suite 103 Anchorage, AK
Spirit of Youth is dedicated to creating, promoting and recognizing youth involvement in communities across Alaska. Spirit of Youth’s vision is that: All Alaska’s youth are included, heard and empowered.
Position Overview: The duties of the coordinator position are to build and maintain a coalition of people and organizations committed to youth behavioral health promotion and community wellness through education, advocacy, and support. The coordinator facilitates community assessment, capacity building, planning, implementation, and evaluation activities.
Planning & Organizing
- Responsible for building and maintaining partnerships and coalition members.
- Organizes and facilitates coalition and committee meetings.
- Facilitate partners and coalition members in the planning, implementation and evaluation of goals and objectives.
- Oversee needs assessments, stakeholder analysis and refine coalition’s strategic plan based on community data and stakeholder input.
- Supervise mini-grant process including executing grant agreements, providing training and technical assistance to grant recipients, facilitating evaluation and ensuring reports are completed in a timely manner.
- Become familiar with the Sources of Strength program and assist youth groups in administering the program activities.
- Support other Spirit of Youth programs as needed.
Advocacy & Public Relations
- Serve as a liaison between the coalition and public officials. Inform organizations about the coalition’s efforts and assist them with their health promotion efforts when it complements the goals of the organization. Secures partnerships with organizations and serves on relevant committees.
- Oversee coalition communication including presentation, in-person meetings, phone calls, exhibitor booths, social media, flyers, website, newsletters and press releases.
- General administrative tasks (e.g. thank you letters, updating databases, prepping documents for meetings).
- Maintain records and communication with program participants, coalition members and donors.
- Administer surveys to program participants.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the executive director.
- Work to identify and nurture new funders, sponsors and partners.
- Other duties as assigned by the needs of the organization.
The qualified candidate will be an energetic, talented, caring and supportive individual who believes in Spirit of Youth’s mission. Specific qualifications include experience working within communities; strong organizational, leadership and management skills; ability to work with diverse populations; organizational, time management and problem solving skills; strong interpersonal and relationship skills; cultural responsiveness; ability to plan events and activities. Preference given to college degree and/or 3-5 years relevant work experience in the non-profit sector, human services, public administration, education, youth development, or community organizing.
Reports to Executive Director.
Some weekends, evenings and travel required. A valid driver’s license and proof of insurance required. Criminal background check required. Paid vacation and health insurance (employer pays 50%) provided.
To apply send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line: Coalition Coordinator. Open until filled.