Approximately 20% of students age 12-18 in Alaska have experienced bullying. Spirit of Youth, Anchorage Youth Vote, and other community partners are working as a coalition to build inclusive environments free from bullying in Alaska.
The Spirit of Youth Coalition was created to decrease the risk factor of bullying and to promote protective factors among Alaska youth. Spirit of Youth is dedicated to creating, promoting and recognizing youth involvement in communities across Alaska. Anchorage Youth Vote works to amplify youth voice and create opportunities for meaningful youth engagement in Anchorage. Together, with other partners in the Spirit of Youth Coalition, we work to ensure that all Alaska youth are included, heard, and empowered.
The $3,000 Bullying Prevention Campaign Grants are specifically intended to support youth-led projects for middle and high school students in Alaska that meet the following goals:
- Promote respect and inclusion
- Increase the broad community awareness and concern of bullying and its serious consequences
- Reduce stigma among middle and high school youth about reporting bullying
- Increase bullying awareness among students, parents, teachers and school staff of institutions within the State of Alaska.
Apply for grant funding by November 17, 2023.
Access the grant guide and application HERE.
Previous grant recipients have included:
- Alaska Teen Media Institute – Youth Health Reporters
- Alaska Youth Orchestras
- Anchorage Youth Court
- Anchorage Youth Task Force
- Benny Benson Secondary School
- Boys & Girls Club – Southcentral Alaska
- Choosing Our Roots
- Clark Middle School
- East High Dance Contempo
- Girl Scouts of Alaska
- Ignition Mentorship – Dimond High School
- Koahnic Broadcast Corporation
- League of Women Voters Anchorage / Anchorage Youth Vote
- National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI) Alaska
- National Junior Honor Society
- See Stories
- Stone Soup Group
- You Are Not Alone (YANA) – West High
- You Are Not Alone (YANA) – Hanshew Middle School
Not a subscriber to our newsletters and regular information? Sign up HERE!