Preventing Bullying and Its Consequences
Spirit of Youth is working to improve behavioral health of Anchorage youth. Through community input and local data, we learned there is a direct link between poor mental health conditions and bullying. Our efforts focus on preventing bullying and its consequences, which includes poor mental health. Toward this end we provide training, efforts to improve policies, and build awareness around the issue.
The four $3,000 Bullying Prevention Campaign Grants are specifically intended to support youth led projects for middle and high school students that meet the following goals:
- Promote respect and inclusion;
- Increase the broad community awareness and concern of bullying and its serious consequences;
- Use of the Careline (More info about Careline at http://carelinealaska.com/);
- Reduced stigma among middle and high school youth about reporting bullying;
- Increase awareness among students, parents, teachers and ASD staff of what bullying is;
- Community members advocate for bullying prevention.
Deadline is December 21st!
Apply at https://goo.gl/z13Z5M